Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Smith Micro *sigh*

barrowlass opened this issue on Jul 16, 2011 · 53 posts

moriador posted Mon, 18 July 2011 at 9:20 PM

Quote - First, you don't have to grab it exactly - the whole width of the scroll bar is sensitive, even if you don't click on the thumb. Clicking anywhere beside it will grab the thumb. Second, clicking below or above the thumb will move you down or up exactly one page full of stuff.

Third, the keyboard page-up and down are useful.

Well, ah... I never thought of trying any of those options. If it works as you say, problem solved. Thank you.

Quote - Fourth, why don't you just arrange your library for maximum usefulness? I don't get why people dock it and put up with it being tiny. I float mine, and I have a second screen and it gets the whole screen. Or when I don't have a second screen I show it with a hot key, make my choices, then hide it again. Loading from the library is not where I spend my time. It's adjusting parameters and posing and composition and editing materials - none of those activities require the library on-screen and having it there is pointless. My screen shot is not even showing how I really have it when full screen - I reduced it to show you. Mine shows over 200 items at once. I have never ever scrolled anything in the item list.

I do dock most of my toolbars on a second screen. I got into that habit ever since it became an option in photoshop.

However, if I'm following a tutorial on that screen, for example, I don't have quite enough room for a large library.

My workflow also has me loading stuff from the library with alarming frequency. It's just how I do things. I tend to save a lot of poses, cameras, and lights, and use the saved files even for minor changes. It's probably the result of years of working with an unstable system and losing parameter adjustments to crashes.

Anyway, thank you for the info. Knowing that should make the native library workable and far superior to other options.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.