Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 2010 problems on Mac Lion install

muromedia opened this issue on Jul 17, 2011 · 104 posts

ssgbryan posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 1:02 PM

Quote - I guess they sell so little of older stuff it is not worth their while to update the installers, but I think they should.

On the plus side, you can download the PC installer and either take it to a friend to unpack it or just use crossover (probably wine bottler and wine would open them too - I'm sure those things will get updated in lion). I know it seems a roundabout way to do it but it actually works.

Crossover does not involve installing windows or getting viruses, it just fools the installer into thinking windows is on your mac.  It costs money but winebottler and wine are free and will often work (I got the D3D morphing clothes script to work using the free utilities just mentioned, in fact I created a little mor cloth standalone application using these tools)

Love esther

I had already gone with the wine bottler via your suggestion.  What I have done long term is to add 1 last step to my install workflow.  All DAZ products get zipped after I create the png files.  They are all safely backed up & if I have a HD meltdown, it is easier to recover.