Forum: Community Center

Subject: Another Prime Question : Pricing structure

thefixer opened this issue on Jul 18, 2011 · 48 posts

Alisa posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 7:05 PM

Yep.  The more I learn about this "Prime" membership, the less worthwhile it is seeming. Any chance that Rendo will reconsider this?

I didn't know there WAS a $5 minimum at the store...
It feels like this wasn't well enough thought out, honestly.

Even for $25 (particularly since you have no money-back guarantee) don't you think people who join without looking at these threads are going to be a bit upset if they plan to buy a membership but decide they'll wait a few weeks to join till they see how things are looking, and then find out the price is now 4 times as much for the membership? Or those who do buy one and find out the hard way, too late, that they have to actually buy TWO items every time they make a purchase?  Or those who plan to buy something that says "prime" assuming it will always be that price and find out when they go to actually make the purchase that it was only temporary? 

Since there's no way right now to know which are temporary and which aren't, you'd have to buy every item you MAY want at some point now to avoid them being pulled....

I am still looking at the possibility of getting this but am not getting good feelings about it right now :-(

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director