Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Pro 2010 library 'fault'?

MtnMist opened this issue on Jul 19, 2011 · 24 posts

hornet3d posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 10:41 AM

The other possibility is a windows update which, if you have them on auto update, you would not have been aware of.  However if that was the case I would expected more people to have the issue. 

A few years ago I was using Zone Alarm and all of a sudden it stopped working.  I did not have the time to diagnose the problem immediately and when I did it had been traced to a Window's update.  Neither company would own up to the problem but the people behind Zone Alarm patched it.  The very next version of ZA then had a tendancy to corrupt its on files and had to be mended almost on a monthly basis.  After some months it became clear that they were unable or, unwilling, to fix the bug.  So ZA has now joined the pile of Anti-Virus software I refused to put on anyone's machine let alone my own.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.