Forum: Blender

Subject: Poser Tools for Blender 2.5

Reddog9 opened this issue on Jun 10, 2011 · 164 posts

Reddog9 posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 7:31 AM

Quote - i've tried this in three different versions of Blender (2.57 with Yafaray & Lux, 2.58 with Yafaray & Lux, and plain, out of the box 2.58).  none have worked for exporting with this plug-in (for me).  that is, there are absolutely no options for the exporting tools.  there's a heading Poser Tools, but nothing underneath it. i haven't tried importing yet.

The latest version only works with 2.58 since there was Python changes from 2.57 to 2.58.  I had to re-write parts of the script to make it  compatible with the latest version of Blender.

Quote - i've tried following your instructions pretty exactly in an effort to make them appear, but nothing has worked so far.  the only discrepancy i can find is that you say to put the plugin under Blender > Scripts > Addons, and every version i have has Blender, then a folder with the version number, then Scripts > Addons.  but other than that, i'm stumped.  i just downloaded the most recent version an installed it just to make sure the problem persisted before asking about it. 

Where ever your Blender Addons folder is should work. 

Quote - if you have any ideas about how to get this working, i'd be very interested.  this obviously works for you, and the way this doesn't work for me is so absolute that i'm sure there's a particular cause.   and i'm aware it might be very specific to my setup some how, because i haven't seen anyone else mention the problem.   i'm just totally in the dark about what the problem is.

I appreciate the bug report.  I just set up a dedicated email address to receive reports.  Unfortunately, I'm down to one computer so I'm unable to test it on several machines personaly at this time. 

If Poser Tools is visible from the Addons section of the User Preferences menus, then you are installing it to the correct location.  If you're able to check the box to enable the addon, that's a sign that the script is starting.

Once it's started, you should see this panel listed under the Properties for Objects:

If it's possible for you, please send a screen capture of the console window of Blender that shows the error at start up when the script is enabled.

As far as the Prop Importer, please direct me to the specific prop you are trying to import or if it is a free prop, send it my way if that's possible.  There are many different versions of poser props out there and even though the goal is for the script to be able to load 100% of them, it may not be realistic.

Email bugs to:

pt2bugs@blender3dclub.com

Thanks again for the feedback.

I'll try to help you get this working ASAP.

Reddog9
Tutorials, Samples and Models
www.blender3dclub.com