Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 2010 problems on Mac Lion install

muromedia opened this issue on Jul 17, 2011 · 104 posts

bagginsbill posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 6:55 AM

Poser uses and installs a Flash player trusted configuration file. It worked before Lion. Perhaps it is still working. Perhaps not. 

(e.g. c:WINNTsystem32MacromedFlashFlashPlayerTrust)

(e.g. c:Documents and SettingsfredApplication DataMacromediaFlash Player#SecurityFlashPlayerTrust)

(e.g. /Library/Application Support/Macromedia/FlashPlayerTrust)

(e.g. /Users/fred/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#Security/FlashPlayerTrust)

These locations are directories, not individual files. Any number of configuration files may be installed in each of these directories; Flash Player will read all files it finds in them. Configuration files may not be placed in subdirectories of FlashPlayerTrust; they must be placed directly in the FlashPlayerTrust directories. The individual configuration files may be given any name but, to avoid naming conflicts, installers should name their configuration files in some way that is specific to their product. The FlashPlayerTrust directories will not necessarily exist on any given system, so installers may need to create them.

The syntax of these files is simple: They contain any number of local paths, one per line. Whitespace and blank lines are allowed. Comments can be included with the # character; these comments go to the end of a line. Quotes are unnecessary (and will cause problems) for paths that contain spaces.

These files contain filesystem paths, which on some users' computers may include non-ASCII characters, so the text encoding used in FlashPlayerTrust files is significant. Flash Player will look for Unicode byte-order mark characters at the beginnings of these files, and will recognize UTF-8 and UTF-16 byte order marks, treating the rest of the file as UTF-8 or UTF-16 accordingly. (Windows Notepad and Mac TextEdit, for example, can write Unicode text files containing these byte-order mark characters; many other text editors can as well.) If Flash Player does not find a byte-order mark character at the beginning of a FlashPlayerTrust file, it will interpret the file using the current "codepage" (default local encoding) of the computer.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)