Forum: Blender

Subject: Poser Tools for Blender 2.5

Reddog9 opened this issue on Jun 10, 2011 · 164 posts

Reddog9 posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 10:10 PM

Quote - I've been using the importer/exporter, and I love it. The importer has worked beautifully on everything I've tried so far, about twenty or so items in the freebies here at Renderosity. The Exporter is a little more touchy, but also works quite well, at least on my ancient XP 32 bit machine.

Thanks for the feed back.  I appreciate the list.  I sent a copy of this to my bug list email for the project.

PT2bugs@blender3d.com

I believe I'm aware of all of the things that you've mentioned. 

I've got a note about the spaces in the Material names. 

A Believe non-UV mapped items were working before (or should), I'll double check that one. 

The exporting of various settings for values haven't been added completely yet, they just weren't high on the priority list at the time, but can / will be easily added down the road a abit.

Textures do need to be packed, I added some pop up status messages and one of them was suppose to alert the user about trying to export a non-packed image, but that message did not seem to be working during my recent test. 

As for transparencies, from what I remember, Poser / Daz prefer using a seperate B/W image for trasparency definition.  You're right, Blender can nicely use a .png or .tif with an imbedded alpha.

The goal is to make it as seemless as possible to transfer between the programs.  Blender & Daz/Poser differ in the ways they handle the data, more specifically with the mesh data.  That took a lot of work behind the scenes to get every thing to end up in the same place.

Right now, I'm just about finished working on updates for Linux compatability.  Mainly, just having to deal with OS directory syntax.  Just about finished with these then I'll look at the things you've mentioned.

I'm hoping to hear from users trying the script out on a Mac.  Once I post the upcoming update, hopefully one of you Mac users will send me some feed back and let me know if it works.

PT2bugs@blender3dclub.com

Thanks again.

Scott

Reddog9
Tutorials, Samples and Models
www.blender3dclub.com