Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Poser questions that Can't be Answered...

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 28, 2011 · 68 posts

hornet3d posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 2:33 PM

I'm not anti-Daz, without them I would not have found out about 3D art work and without their free program allowing me to find out what could be done with such a Program I would never have stumped up the cash to buy Poser.

That said I am now a Poser user but still careful with my cash.  Despite this I still happily paid for each upgrade and with the last one, Poser Pro 2010, I not only upgraded but built a system around it.  I moved to 64bit processing only because Poser was now able to make use of it.

Could Poser be better, of course, but then I could have a much better computer if I had thrown more money at it.  I think Poser is great value for money and I have little doubt I will upgrade to the next version of Poser Pro, assuming there is one, Genesis support or not.  

Until then the present incarnation gives me all the pleasure and challenges I need leaving me safe in the knowledge that SM will tell me when the next upgrade is available.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.