Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Question about modeling hybrid clothing

Acadia opened this issue on Jul 30, 2011 · 16 posts

RobynsVeil posted Sun, 31 July 2011 at 2:52 AM

Actually, this interests me too, to some degree. Wondering if there's going to be clashes between the conforming part of, say, the waist section of a skirt - where conforming should be a reasonable solution at least part of the time - the the skirt bit, where dynamic is just about always going to be the better solution.

I say "some degree" only because I can't help but wonder if there isn't a better solution to keep parts of a garment where they are meant to be via another means than constraining. Not that it doesn't work, but I've had to be fairly creative to keep these jeans from becoming unsightly in the crotch as Katie bent over:

Dynamic Jeans

And here is what I ended up doing:

http://www.tightbytes.com/Poser/Rendo/constrained.jpg

...created a material group in Blender in that lit-up region, which I set as a material named constrained and so i could select it in Poser's cloth room in the Edit constrained group thingie under dynamic groups. Still have a lot to learn about that, but can't help but wonder if making the hip alone conforming and the rest dynamic could work... :blink:

Oh, and yes, these are yours, Grappo... hope you like how they look as bootcut - I'm so old-fashioned... :biggrin:

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks