Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So are you going to leave poser for V5, Gen ?

722 opened this issue on Aug 01, 2011 · 272 posts

aeilkema posted Tue, 02 August 2011 at 4:04 PM

Quote - "poser sells itself a lil short, imo;  it's a very capable full render engine.  they should try and broaden their marketing beyond just the people figs. more than just an add-in for Vue."

Honestly there truly is Zero market for poser outside of the poser/Daz niche in which it resides.

As a person who owns and uses "Pro Apps" C4D,Lightwave,Modo I can attest that People
and organizations that use these apps use the for very specific Goals

MODELING:
creating 3D assets for games/ArchVis
that are going be either rendered  in a high end render engine by the creator for a client.
or Delivered  for Deployment by other pros to be used in a Game or a VFX shot in a movie
 production( Iron man, Transformers etc)
or a  Full 3D animated Movie production with All in house
proprietary Character animation Systems( Pixar,BlueSky etc)

ANIMATION Again these pro pipelines are long established and set up for the types of models/ rigsthat are produced and rigged to be Deployed in the aforementioned deliverables
such as CG buildings Vehicles Complete Environments for comping etc
as well as VFX system Like particle and fluid systems and other Dynamic Simulations.

Trust me they truly have no need for Poser/Daz Studio.

Yes we see the occasional "poser sighting"
but this is usually either some Limited in house
department using default figures like P6"James"
for a news broadcast Visualization or a small job that has been Farmed out to a Small business like where they need some animation quickly done but have no need  or budget for some custom figure/animation from  a real VFX studio.

Cheers

Tell that to SM and especially DAZ.... they still think that all the pros need Poser or DS. Daz is putting a lot of money and manpower into trying to reach professionals in all kinds of businesses. They still think that people who have been using 3DS, Cinema and so on for years will be pursuaded to switch to DS. SM is still trying it with Poser Pro, allthough they have toned down a lot.  I recall who they proudly announced with the first PPro release thay they now would reach many pro's and finally brigde the gap between high end and poser. They spent quite some effort and money to reach the high end user. I guess by now they've realized that the people who bought PPro are they same people that have been buying poser for ages or showed interest in it before Pro even was around. They hardly reached anyone new and the scores of new users never came.

I really don't think that neither SM nor DAZ realized how embedded 3DS, Maya or Cinema are in certain professions and businesses. It's strange, I think they should know better, after all they don't create the newest Poser figures or DAZ figures with any of the low end applications themselves. Even though DAZ at some point tried to make customers believe that they made one or more of the mill figures with hexagon......

After all is said and done and tried, I think even DAZ will have to admit that the primary market for their applications and content as well is the low end user. Shame that so much manpower, money and effort is put into trying to do something we all know cannot be done. I guess even companies can do some whishful thinking :-)

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk