Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

NanetteTredoux posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 4:02 PM

Before I call it a day too (and before I forget), here is what my experiments with dynamic hair textures showed up:

You were right about the light, Saintfox. I get better results, with less of the excessive gloss, with light intensity turned way down. Using raytraced shadows on all lights too. Ambient occlusion on one of the lights, set to about .75.

The RDNA and some of Adorana's hair materials tend to use a low saturation or a grey specularity colour in the hair node. This can be quite effective on some shades but on others it can look as if there is a layer of plastic or thin cloth on the hair (sometimes this may be the look you want). The specularity colour is still a matter of experiment.

In this item I have used a bitmap texture in the place of the noise node to vary the texture a little for the root and tip textures. I think one can go much bolder than I have done. In other projects a wood node has also given interesting effects, making streaks in the hair.

I have also experimented a bit with translucence in some of the hair shades, something I saw in Adorana's hair colours. The level should be kept low but it can add life to the hair. It seems that a translucence colour that is darker than the tip colour, but lighter than the root is a safe bet.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch