Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Help! Installing content on Daz using a Mac

Jomish opened this issue on Jul 01, 2011 ยท 10 posts

MaggieDaddy posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 2:38 PM

Jomish, et al;

I, too, am a Mac user; MacBook Pro running 10.6.8. I have used Poser 4-8 and have installed DS4 on my MacBook whilest still running Poser 8 on my MacBook (10.6.8). I conquered the "Runtime" quandry years ago by manually installing the downloads into my Poser's Runtime folder. With the addition of a "Downloads" folder in Poser 7 & 8, the majority of the contents of those "Runtime" folders went into the "Downloads" folder; with the exception of "Geometries" and "Textures." I meticulously kept all of the "Readme" files in a "Readme" folder set up in the "Downloads" folder expressly for the purpose of keeping my sanity and HD somewhat organized. This system of diligently moving (not copying) the uncompressed files (the .zips, .rars & .dmg files were backed-up onto another drive for later burning to CD, then DVD as the files becae quite numerous/large over the years). Not having an installer similar to the Window platform hasn't been an issue for me, and I tried the free Mac "Runtime" Installer mentioned by RHaseltine in the post above, but found it not to my liking. I'm also not into using the Terminal or writing scripts for something that should not create stress in my life (I have a wife and daughter for that, thank you very much!)

If you religiously note where you are putting your files as mentioned by Sedor, you will not have any major issues; I didn't rename any of the file names, just moved the folders where they ought go.

Now that I am running DS4 on my MacBook Pro, without a single Poser "Runtime" folder to be had, I am struggling with the installers from DAZ; I select the proper folder in the install list and then they don't show up in the Content Library as I thought. I have read, and followed the Content Directory Manager instructions from DAZ Forums, and truly want to give DS4 an honest go, but finding the files is becoming irritating.