Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So are you going to leave poser for V5, Gen ?

722 opened this issue on Aug 01, 2011 · 272 posts

michelvanspeybroeck posted Sat, 06 August 2011 at 5:28 PM

I have downloaded ds 4 and played around with the genesis figures. I liked it a lot the jointbending is a LOT better than in Poser. OK  ds4 is very limited it is kind of a WIP.

But so wath it's for free for the moment. I think that daz had the knowledge to make better figures but that they needed another software platform than poser to make it work. So they developed themself the software that is able to do just that.

I have been using poser since poser 2 and i always upgrade, but i must say i am always underwhelmed by the upgrades. Shure there is a huge difference between poser 2 and 8.

But i must say that ds 4 is like a fresh wind blowing trough the human modeling software.

I do not quit understand all the negativity around genesis. 

The way i see it is that poser or SM has the monopoly in affordable human modeling software, a monopoly is NEVER good. If ds 4 would be more respected and thus more supported that would be a good thing, ds 4 realy has a lot of potential. Then we would have some competition poser vs ds. Competition is always good making companies trying harder, reaching further, pricing lower.

And that my friends would be a good thing for all of us.

Michel