Forum: Blender

Subject: Why is Blender so hard to understand?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 04, 2011 · 116 posts

RobynsVeil posted Sun, 07 August 2011 at 11:55 PM

Cool, we'll learn it together, Amanda. I'm learning heaps myself atm... and having an absolute ball. I work in recovery - I'm an RN - waking patients (well, they sort-of wake themselves, i just make sure they're breathing okay and not in too much pain) and we're putting together some manuals and competencies and I want to create some decent illustrations to replace those shocking drawings in the manuals - I mean, valiant effort, but jeez, we have Poser, don't we? We can do all sorts of cool stuff.

So far, I've taken the scrubs outfit I found at Daz and made it dynamic (had to take the pockets off and the collar off since they basically fell off anyway during the sim) so that I could make my nurse avatarette 😉 do real nursing stuff like hang IVs and do chest compressions and keep thrashing patients from banging their heads against hard objects (males like to do stuff like that when they first wake up - no idea why! :biggrin:) so conforming cloth just wasn't going to do. And yes, did this in Blender. Now I'm converting this really cool hospital bed prop I found on 3DXtras to something that will move and side-rails will go up and down as will the head, just like a real bed. Bedding will be dynamic cloth. It's all a very big project but it'll be ever so much fun to put together!

I'm pretty much making everything that I can find dynamic these days. Wouldn't/couldn't be without Blender!

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks