Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

Cage posted Wed, 10 August 2011 at 12:21 PM

Quote - I was wondering the same thing. Can she be made to bend even better? Is it possible?

Weight-mapped joints can bend quite nicely, as I guess Genesis shows.  Antonia might be a good candidate for this conversion, as her topology is apparently designed with good bending in mind.

One assumes that Antonia's JCMs would not be automatically factored in with any automated weight-mapping conversion, but also that they would be rendered ineffective by that conversion.  To get bending equivalent to what we have with the JCMs, weighting would (presumably -- Cage has no insider information :lol:) have to be manually adjusted for best results.  Possibly a new set of JCMs would be needed to bring a W-M Antonia up to par with what we have.  :unsure:

As noted, a W-M Antonia could be freely redistributed.  One assumes conforming clothing creation would be easier if a W-M version handles well with no/fewer/less complicated JCMs.

It's all rather exciting, really.  I hope the Poser's implementation of weight mapping allows the same ease of actor scaling that has been shown with Genesis.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.