Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Feature Request for the Next Version of Poser 10

EClark1894 opened this issue on Aug 14, 2011 · 30 posts

RobynsVeil posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 6:17 PM

Quote - @robynsveil here is a poser script to save the cloth parameters, it does not save all the info on the simulation, just the parameters that control what sort of cloth. The script creates a python script that will load those parameters.   You get prompted for a file name , so I would make a folder in the python folder to save them in.

If you try it let me know what it does badly, or what more you want to save .

I do have to hand it to you: this really is going to be very, very useful, Mark. Of course curiosity got the best of me - because I'm try to learn Python as well - but yeah, this is all a bit beyond me. Far cry from writing matmatic scripts, I can see that. Mostly it implied a good understanding of Poser's dynamic cloth parameters? properties? names. I suppose I could try to see if I can add like constrained-groups or dynamic groups stuff but then, we'd probably have to test for the existence of settings first, and I suppose that can get pretty complex. Anyway, so far it will save whatever the selected item is to py file nicely. Now, I'll load a new instance (no dyn settings) of a cloth obj and see how it loads them from the script.

This is exciting! It also goes to demonstrate just how much we can already do with the tools we have at hand to add features we want or need to Poser in our current version.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks