Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Anyone using Wings3D that can help me?

Acadia opened this issue on Aug 15, 2011 · 25 posts

shuy posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 9:24 AM

Quote - Selecting constrained group add materials constr, belt and belt trim (you did not add belt trim and you have weird wire on Victoria stomach.

Acadia - weird parts on the top and bottom of skirt were not grouped correct. On the waist you can see belt trim and loop on the bottom should be deleted in wings.

Quote - no help with wings cos I haven't looked at it for yrs but I have tried a similar sort of dress (home made lol ) and got the same sort of thing Shuy was getting! anything like a pose would cause all the layers to merge poke thro' explode gosh if it could go wrong it did, not got back to that yet but did wonder if making each "ruffle" a diff cloth setting would help, inner one quite "stiff" then each layer going out a lighter cloth dont know if it would work, dont even know if one item can be different cloths but if I ever get time to test it I'll post results.

For your item I wondered if you could delete the inner dress (apart from bits u might see) then add a line of polys to attach each ruffle to whatever is left (think suspenders lol ) again I have no idea if it would work like that but should stop the falling down

I think that you choosen the worst possible model to start learn anything. I'm not sure but as I rember it has about 500 000 edges (!!!). Wings works very slow with high res models. Simulation takes hours, then if you do not obtain correct results you must fix and wait next few hours.

Separate simulations should resolve problems with poke thro but you must weld ruffle which is on the top (pict),  ungroup ruffles, and create separate simulations for skirt and 4 ruffles, selecting top edge of verticles as a constrained group.

I had similar problems with soft deco group here:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2825570