Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Feature Request for the Next Version of Poser 10

EClark1894 opened this issue on Aug 14, 2011 · 30 posts

wolf359 posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 4:36 PM

Quote - Better/more animation tools. One big advancement that surprisingly is not getting much notice here is the new "Constrain Channels, Constrain Objects" feature in P9/Pro2012. 

Hi well as "nerd" Stated over at RDNA these were aready possible in poser with clever workarounds but this new system let you avoid having to resort to tricks

DEMONSTRATED IN POSER 6 HERE

but what good is this as an animation feature when overall we see no substantial improvements in posers CORE animation tools in PP 2012.

IK appears unchanged and thus is still garbage
the graph editor still looks and functions like something from the 1990's because.....well it is from the 1990's ie poser4
it is in desperate need of an update with true F-curve display with bezier handles
with ability to more easily select&edit frames directly on the curve

The animation Pallete (Dope Sheet) needs to be updated so we can view the data
on ONE channel at a time
NOT every single scene element with nearly microscopic typeface in that column on the left.

The animation layer system introduced in P7 is a poor substitute for a true nonlinear Motion clip mixing.

which is the only reason I keep that Daz studio junkware on my system is to use
aniMate plus for major blocking out and assembly before exporting to PZ2 to poser
where i at least have something that remotely resembles a graph editor, aged though it be.

SM should have bought Paul Kinnane's Python Code for poser physics and made it part of Poser Core I am still on P6 because poser physics is so vital to my Commercial animation work,
I know poser 7-8 can use poser physics but i never bothered since the other animation tools remain so Decrepid.

Cloth animation?? it Needs the ability to BAKE& Cache the simulation to point level animation
so it be transferred to other apps as a PLA animated mesh. or reuse in poser without rerunning the sim DS4 has MDD export!!! it is not new technology.
right now you are forced to render all cloth animation in poser and many of us animators
never render Finals in poser.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel