Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Corrupt ZIP File

Acadia opened this issue on Aug 20, 2011 · 25 posts

Acadia posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 7:00 PM

Quote - I've had a problem like this before on two seperate instances and oddly enough managed to work it out on my own.

1. Try clearing your internet cache and cookies then restart your browser then try to download it once more.

or if that doesn't work...

1. Use a different browser all together.

Sometimes I get that when I download stuff using IE, but when I go to FF it works just fine. Not sure why, but give it a shot.

:-)

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried them all and still haven't been able to unzip the file once it's on my hard drive.

I deleted cookies in both IE and FF. I rebooted and then relogged into both browsers.  Then I downloaded the file again using each browser, saving each to a different path.  I even disabled my virus scanner.

4 different unzipping programs will not extract the files.

Winzip will "open" the archive if I pick "open", but it will not extract them, not even if I drag and drop. It comes up as multi part or corrupt.

I don't know what RPublishing is going to suggest that will make a difference. I suspect I'll be asking for a store credit for this product as well as the addons I bought for it.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi