Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Genesis even a new mesh?

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 23, 2011 · 32 posts

coldrake posted Wed, 24 August 2011 at 2:46 AM

Quote - I'm starting to get the idea that "Genesis" was a basline lump of polygons Daz has already been working with since the creation of the Gen 4 figures.  I find it interesting that all of the classic Gen4 figures are being released, even the very specific Reby Sky character.

Is Genesis just a repackaging of the starting point for all the figures we've come to love over the years? 

Seems to me in Daz Studio I could already mix and match any gen 4 figure while retaining the rigging..so the only real use of Genesis is weight-mapping, which is more a function of the program itself rather than the figure...yes?

Am I way off-base here?

Genesis is a completely new mesh. The classic Gen4 figures are being released so that if you have V4-M4 characters you want to re-create with Genesis it makes it much easier to do. You can also mix them with other shapes.

Yes you could mix and match gen 4 figures with a little work, but you couldn't mix them with say, the DAZ Troll. With Genesis you can. If you want you could mix the M4 shape with the DAZ Troll, Anubis, RawArt's Drakon, and The Girl or any other Genesis shape and turn it into a child with a few dial spins and the rigging will adapt automatically. Also any Genesis clothing will automatically fit any shape you can create. Plus you can use any M4, V4 and K4 texures on Genesis.

V5 is scheduled for this Fall with M4 following a couple of months later.

I don't know if you have seen this video, but it may explain things better than I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTBBnc2SJ90&feature=uploademail

Coldrake