Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Stereographic 3D images?

MikeMoss opened this issue on Aug 12, 2011 ยท 87 posts

hairydalek posted Thu, 25 August 2011 at 4:57 AM

Quote - Hi Hairy

I'll check it out, I don't understand any of the Python Script stuff so I guess it's time to learn.

Not much to learn from your end - just out the scripts in your Runtime/Python folder and link up a button in the Python script window. That's it. The rests all controlled through Poser's regular interface. There are a few good reasons 3D TV hasn't taken off: 1 - the need for glasses. This is a big obstacle, and glasses from a Sony set won't work on a Panasonic, etc., so if you have friend round to watch a 3D film, you'll need to invest in extra sets of glasses. They're not cheap. Glasses free 3D TV will see mor eu take, but I think we have a decade to wait. 2 - If, like me, you bought an HD TV, why should I buy another set so soon? HD TV took off about a year before thebfirst 3D TV sets appeared. 3 - Content. A lot of 3D stuff is pretty poor because it's not been made using dedicate 3D kit, rather it's been converted in post. So the majority of 3D films have not sold the idea of 3D I. The home. There hasn't been the killer film yet. I doubt there will be as film makers are learning about the process. Avatar was an excellent technical demo, but the story was no less engaging in 2D, and on the face of it pretty shallow. I could go on. I like 3D,but it's not ready for primetime yet.