Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help me understand- poser!

Micheleh opened this issue on Aug 22, 2001 ยท 7 posts

pack posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 5:48 PM

Attached Link: http://www.angrymob.net/animation.htm

Believe me, no program moves parts to most desired poses in 1 (or 2 even)grab & move operation. Grabbing a joint, limits or no, would likely cause motion on many axis at once. Then you end up fiddling around unmoving the many minor movements that took place "automatically", when "repairs" are needed. You spend alot of time wondering just what happened. Best to minimize all motion, the way it does now. For animation, you can easily spend 80% of your time fixing undesired interpolations between keys. You have to fish arounfd the many MT Graphs to figure out where the bad twist, turn or translation is. It's very time consuming. Character Studio (3DS Max plugin)has worked out the vast majority of character animation issues, but is much more expensive ($1500- just for the plugin- another $3500 for Max)& much much higher learning curve. People don't appreciate how much Poser does for a very reasonable price. Anything cheaper can't be taken seriously as a 3D program. Just the Poser geometry male/fem models alone is worth way more than the program. Check out market prices for good 3D models as Poser has. There are other areas, such as interpolation of keyframes, that Poser handles sloppily, limits or no, that can be improved on. You can turn IK on for arms & legs, & grab hands or feet with 1 grab & move operation, if I understand your wish correctly.