Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: DS VS Poser

Nathalie_ opened this issue on May 26, 2011 · 46 posts

vienastoks posted Sat, 27 August 2011 at 7:34 AM

I've seen demo or trial of Poser back in MetaCreation days and was quite interested, but soon got bored because for some reason I did not discover 3d content community and marketplaces then.

Later I didn't bother to check 3D software - I thought it takes years to do things I've been seeing in renders.

So I stumbled upon DAZ3D site late this spring and downloaded free DS4 on a whim. I immediately fell in love with it and spent my life's savings on models both here and on DAZ. :D

Later I bought DS3A but didn't like the interface. After DS4 it looks like Windows 3.0. (I know that for people used to DS3, its quite different).

I also took a look at Poser 8, but didn't like it either. Very complex with a tiny space for posing (although it could be rearranged). 

So I came back to DS4. Few days ago I bought DS4A upgrade, but I'm yet to receive serials for it. :D (Their store is a mess). So I can't say whether DS4A is really for me, but I'm looking forward to have more power under the hood (64-bit Mac version, progressive rendering and some additional tools I don't know how to use yet).