Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Strange goings on at Daz

Paloth opened this issue on Aug 28, 2011 · 283 posts

RobynsVeil posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 6:11 PM

Quote - I find DS very stable, on the other hand I find Poser very unstable, it crashes or just freezes up and for me is an impossible program to learn. I couldn't believe it when I realised that you cant select more than one surface at a time in the materials room., among other things that are so simple to do in DS

Good on you! I'm glad you've a positive experience in DS. I'd suggest you stay with it, then.

I work in the material room a lot in Poser: I can't believe you practically have to have a degree in programming to write shaders in DS, where in Poser the material room (and just about the rest of the application as well) can be easily scripted in Python. So, I can quickly and easily make highly sophisticated shaders for an entire scene in matmatic. Tried to do that in DS3Adv's Shader Mixer - couldn't believe that something so core to a 3D programme as texture management would cause it to turn instantly into vapourware. As in: poof... DS3Adv disappeared off the screen without a warning or a trace. :blink:

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks