Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Renderosity galleries are dissapointing.

RajDArge opened this issue on Aug 28, 2011 · 40 posts

RajDArge posted Mon, 29 August 2011 at 5:25 PM

@JenniSjoberg

I'm just curious if the Realism=Quality? JenniSjoberg

You are right. Its not a truism, but its sometimes true. I just would have expected more of it as people push the bounds. And the non-realistic stuff shouldn't be flat, dark, lifeless and poorly posed should it? (nothing personal at jenni, just the art charts).

My first flame:
magic_man
Btw, the lighting on your last render looks pretty crap to me and nothing like moonlight at all. And your glamour photography looks full of cliches and nothing new... Again, just my opinion though...

Yes you drew blood, congratulations. In my defence:-

Felurian was a fictional character that caught my imagination and it wasn't meant to be moonlight, as the book describes it anyway.

As far as glamour photography goes: I'm just a novice and an amateur. Why would I walk away from a 6 figure salary to eek out a living with my limited talent. I enjoy it, the people I photograph enjoy it enough to pay for it and my best work isn't here: its usually private. Older women who want to look like playboy bunnies. A challenge that is very rewarding. Plus my very first portrait was taken in feb 2010, so I havent done that bad. I've Even earned a little grudging respect from other photographers.

Yes its all been said before. Probably by me. But everywhere else there is a threshold of quality people appreciate. Sure there are cliques, even there (deviant art, pbase, flickr, etc have their own "clubs" and not everything is high quaility that gets appreciated). But most high quality stuff is appreciated: unlike here. 

Its almost as if its good, people shun it.

The other camp of response so far is that of "you can't fix it". I don't doubt that you can't. The cancer is so deeply spread here and its of the non-fatal variety. Eventually all that will be here is cancer. Perhaps that's already happened?

Maybe an elite gallery that you need to apply to post in? That you can't buy your way in with popularity or money? I was there with renderotica, but I grew tired of that  genre. I know I'm ok not great, but better than most. I didn't post any sadistic images by the way.

Its probably all been said before, and perhaps I am wasting my breath.