Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: FYI - Creating conformers for Genesis

pjz99 opened this issue on Sep 04, 2011 · 59 posts

Penguinisto posted Mon, 05 September 2011 at 5:28 PM

Quote - What was the problem that the Genisis figure was created to solve?

I think I can help answer this, from an end-user perspective.

Most meshes (Apollo aside) are basically crap for making human figures that go too far beyond the original shape, proportions, and size. 

If you want to make, say, a woman who is petite and just a bit chunkier than a runway model (you know, make a normal person), you have four choices:

1. spin a ton of dials on V4 and pray that it doesn't bork the joints or start chewing the mesh.

2. take a smaller mesh (e.g. Laura/L3), hang breasts on it, mature it enough to escape the child look, and try to contend with that gawdawful face they gave it. Oh, and now you have to get clothes that fit your little decision (Cross-dresser works in some cases, your product works in some cases, etc. - but not everyone has the dosh to load up on such apps or the patience to run 'em.)

3. use the default Poser female, which, well... urgh. 

4. break out a modeling app, and make your own morphs.

Now most for folks, they only get option #1 and 3 - neither of which is palatable.

With Genesis, the idea is to ditch all of that crap. You just dial what you want, it all bends just fine, and the clothes will even follow. 

Now yeah, this is going to mean a buttload of work on the merchant side, but I suspect that the plus side is that you (well, eventually) only have to support one mesh/model - especially for things like hair, textures, and a lot of different types of clothing.

HTH a little...