Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Everyone please read...Thanks

Colm_Jackson opened this issue on Nov 08, 1999 ยท 11 posts

Colm_Jackson posted Tue, 09 November 1999 at 5:59 AM

Yes I definitely agree that the intimidation factor runs quite high when it comes to animation. The changes that are implemented on this forum I hope will help to a large degree to alleviate that feeling and replace it with a desire to learn how to animate and see your still images come to life. There are as many forms and styles of animation just like there are with still pictures. Animations in my opinion don't have to be feature length epics. Computer animation is mostly short clips. I hope we can see that it isn't really that difficult to show your work. I have recently half completed a 2 minute clip. It weighs in finished as an 88mb Quicktime movie. After further mpeg compression I got it down to 1.2mb. That would only take about 10 minutes to download with a 56kbs modem. Compared to the quality and size of the original file it admittedly has lost a lot but it would be good enough to give others an idea of what I am up to. We have all download characters and models in the free stuff area that match that size. All you really need is the web space to house them. Animation is definitely in some ways easy in Poser. Not so easy in Bryce and in something like 3D studio max it is pretty amazing. There are great ways to include your poser figures in Bryce scenes directly in Poser by using a Bryce animation as the background. But it isn't the same as putting the animated poser character in Bryce. Continued in next post...