Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Victoria 5 coming soon??

ghosty12 opened this issue on Oct 15, 2011 · 252 posts

EClark1894 posted Mon, 17 October 2011 at 5:27 AM

Quote - I am not a Daz person, but I will say this. Brand loyalty is just punishing yourself. Genesis offers figure features I can only dream about in Poser. So what, I must give up all that convenience for brand loyalty? That just does not make sense. I use what gets me the best results. So far in terms of Figures+weightmapping and bending, Genesis cannot be touched. The blending of various character morphs from multiple figure bases, multiple UV use, Muscle flexing, is a clear winner. Why settle for something sub-par? Out of loyalty?What if the new poser didn't support weightmaps at all? Would you still stick by it and sacrifice the chance to use new technology just because its from Daz? Genesis is the figure benchmark. Unless I see an alternative that matches it in terms of quality, flexiblity and ease of use, I see no reason to use older converted WM figures. I will still do my renders in Poser, I love the material room too much, But in terms of figure use, Genesis is the logical choice. It makes sense using a figure designed for weightmaps rather than one being converted to one. You can expect problems. How many poser users do you know that are busy setting up their own weightmaps? Maybe 5-6? Not as easy as advertised. Everybody is sitting back and waiting for one or two individuals to release them. The reality is that Daz has created a one click solution in Genesis, and that is the convenience the masses will be looking for. Nobody wants to convert this or edit that, and unfortunately that is the case with poser weightmapped figures. Right now it's just too much work and to confusing for your average user. Get both apps, and get the best of both worlds. Now don't hate me, I'm just saying it as I see it. I use both apps, and I can see the direction each one is going. Daz has stated that v5 and Genesis will be Poser compatible (read V5 thread at daz) so hopefully that will bring a bit of peace between the camps.

No one is asking you to give up anything or not use DS4 or Genesis. No one is disputing that Genesis is a good figure. It's just not for everyone. And while you may not have a problem using DS4, some of us do. Frankly, Genesis just doesn't offer all that much for some of us, but yes, we like the weightbending aspect of the figure.

You say that we can expect problems with converted figures. Well, we have had problems with the regular figures, as well, and people still used them. Genesis has problems in Poser,  so frankly I'm just not seeeing your point.