Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Victoria 5 coming soon??

ghosty12 opened this issue on Oct 15, 2011 · 252 posts

icprncss2 posted Tue, 18 October 2011 at 3:46 AM

DAZ is not a software creator.  They purchased Mimic from another company.  They purchased Bryce from Corel.  They purchased Cararra from Eovia USA.  Many of their DAZ Studio people used to work for various owners of Poser.

All the rest of their "innovations" are from 3rd parties that they bought out and have stuck their name on. 

Their dynamic cloth is beign handled by Optitex and being handled rather poorly.  It shouldn't take 5 years to where you only have 32 and 64 bit versions of a control plugin for both apps.  The Mac version of either one and the 64 bit only coming in the last couple of months.

Big deal, they have AutoFit.  It's a crippled version of cloth conversion app.  It only converts Gen 4 clothing to Genesis and only goes one way.  The original demo of Wardrobe Wizard did more than that.  I own the full versions of 1 and 2 and have never bothered with the built in versions but I assume the limitations lie with the included Poser content unless you buy ths support packs.  Which at least makes it expandable.   

The one thing I still love is the ancient press release where DAZ touted that it was making 3D Art available to "the masses" (their term not mine) and that you would be able to create beautiful 3D art in a few mouse clicks.

It's all in the 23 Sept 2004 press release from DAZ.