Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Victoria 5 coming soon??

ghosty12 opened this issue on Oct 15, 2011 ยท 252 posts

imax24 posted Tue, 18 October 2011 at 12:19 PM

I am all for the innovations and benefits that Genesis reportedly offers. And when they work quickly and intuitively in Poser without the necessity of another 3D app for exporting, I will take a good long look at them. That's my choice. It doesn't make me wrong or right. Time will tell if D4 / Genesis is the Betmax or if Poser / V4 is.

It's worth noting that the Betamax was the upstart product that had great ideas but couldn't gain enough market share. If Genesis were to collapse for that reason (and I don't think it will) its innovative features would be incorporated into Poser eventually. Some of them already were, even though D4 / Genesis were pushed out the door faster.

Meanwhile, I'm not worried about my V4 investment going down the tubes. If all V4 content were to disappear from the market tomorrow, I would be happy for years with the stuff in my runtimes I haven't even gotten around to yet. It would almost be a relief, in a way, if I wasn't incessantly tempted by nice new V4 products. :)