Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Trying My Hand at Animation

shorterbus opened this issue on Oct 24, 2011 · 33 posts

MikeMoss posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 1:12 PM

Attached Link: Render Test...

*"I disagree with Mike 100%.*

The "Preview" is just that, a prieview, the quality is awful, it's fine for sorting your scene out, but unless you want a kind of "toon" aesthetic, it's useless for renders.

Using Firefly, a typical seven second scene will render overnight (well, in about twelve hours as long as I'm not using any smoke haha!)."

I Guess if you only want to do 7 second videos and you have all night... 

But, I'm not making 7 second videos, some of my individual clips are up to 4,000 frames.

Then they get combined with others to make a longer video.

Let's see 7 seconds is 210 frames that takes you 12 hours to produce.

So 4,000 frames would take, 228.5 hours. That's 9.5 days.

So if this is one of 3 clips that comprise the video I've got about a month of rendering time, and I can't use my computer while I'm doing it! 

I'm 73 years old, I'd like to finish these things before I die. LOL

Premiere Elements 10 costs about $90 from Amazon, and at least for me does everything I need and it's stable, not something I can say about other video editors I've tried. Other editors that I've used often froze or refused to import AVI files from Poser.

And as I said you can try it for 30 days for free and make up your own mind.

Well, they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Attached is a video that gives an idea at least of the quality you can get from a Preview Render, ( what you see, isn't the same as I do on my computer before uploading to PhotoBucket, but it will give you an idea) I did this video start to finish in about an hour this morning after reading this post. 

That includes, creating the voice file, running it through Mimic, doing the animation in Poser 9, exporting the video from Poser, editing it in Premiere Elements 10 to add the titles and sound track and exporting it from Premiere Elements.

It's uploading to PhotoBucket as I type this.

Sure I'd like to be able to render all my video, but like I said, it just isn't practical.

You also have to consider what you are going to do with your video, my short videos still end up being around 70 gigabytes in size, to use it I have to reduce the size so that the quality is never what I see on my computer, so there goes a lot of the sharpness that I'm trying to get in my finished product anyway.

I'm doing over the videos I did in Poser 6 because I can get better quality with the new render system now, and I am getting better at doing it, once I do that I will continue my Lucy series from where I left off.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?