Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Trying My Hand at Animation

shorterbus opened this issue on Oct 24, 2011 ยท 33 posts

CaptainMARC posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 2:12 PM

Hey Mike!

I really didn't mean to dig you out, sincere apologies if it came across that way.

What I meant to say is that the quality of the preview render is not good enough for what I want to do.

An analogy: you see, I'm a musician. I know other guitarists, I don't like their guitar sound, but hey, they make great art with it, they might play a song I really enjoy. But it isn't what I want to do.

By the way, I'm not making seven second videos, seven seconds may be one scene, some may be only three or four. The finished article comes in at three or four minutes, and isn't entirely animation. But still I admit, I can't do that in an hour or so (hahaha!).

So yes, I have to render, render and render, but in the meantime I can go down the pub, be romantic with a delightful young lady, or even shoot some more footage. I can even render in the background while I do some video editing.

Or I can even render whilst I read this forum, I have so much to learn, so render-render-render-read-read-read!

And if Adobe Premiere works for you, that's great! But I've spent a lot of time editing videos, and I honestly think it's trash, and yes, it's just my very humble opinion. But I would urgently recommend anybody wanting to get into video editing to look at Sony Vegas, which also has a demo version.

I have one more scene to shoot for my first Poser video, I'll be doing that tomorrow, so I should be ready to upload at the weekend, then you can all have a laugh at my rubbish art!!!

My compliments...