Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Trying My Hand at Animation

shorterbus opened this issue on Oct 24, 2011 · 33 posts

MikeMoss posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 4:03 PM

Hi 

Don't worry about offending me, I love to discuss this stuff!

Well since I've not really done this since I moved up to Poser 9 here is a comparison that may be helpful to someone, myself included.

All of these are rendered from the same Poser window with no tweaking.

All are at 1600 by 1000 originally but have been reduced to fit in here.

The background image is on a cloth pane so that it will move with the camera not a imported background.

Image One.....

Preview Render high settings, render time almost instantaneous.

Preview

Image Two Firefly render low setting but with cast shadows...Render time about a minute or so.

Firefly Low

Image 3 Firefly max settings, Long render time. 

FF

I did try and make the video at the low Firefly settings it did 65 frames in about an hour, (at that point I gave up) so it was pretty consistent with my one minute per frame figure. But the frames it did do looked just like the seconen image from the top.

Like I said everyone has their own uses for the end product.

I like to show them on my HD TV at home, (so I can bore all of our company to death) or e-mail them to friends, and the way I do it works fine for that.

I would still recommend that anyone just starting use the preview render technique.

You will learn more spending your time animating, then waiting for it to render, and you always have the option to render it however you want in the end.

As for me, I'm never going to have the patience to wait until the next day to see my output. LOL

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?