Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: WIP PR4 Skin Shader and BB Eyes

bagginsbill opened this issue on Feb 27, 2011 · 94 posts

Ricdan posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 3:29 PM

Quote - Here is a VSS Skin Template shader - work in progress. Load it into Template Skin on a VSS control prop.

The important thing to examine here is how the specular behaves - that's the dominant new thing. I'd like to see results, good or bad, and perhaps comparisons with PR3 using various textures. I don't have a lot of textures, nor a lot of time to test. So if you guys think this shader is wonky, please let me know. It's got quite a few new ideas in it.

Hiya Folks My first ever post over here so be gentle with me. I have just started to use Poser 8 so I am not that clued up on the terminology and what Poser can do yet. I have managed to apply VSSPR3 no problem at all, reappling the displacement maps and adjusting things learned via the main VSS thread and manual. Thanks for the PDF btw it was a great help. I am loving the results so far and very impressed BB.

OK matter at hand I have no idea how to use the VSS4.txt file in the quote above. What and how do I use this to update VSSPR3. Can some kind soul spell it out for this Poser newcomer. I have a lot of Daz Studio experence and have been playing with Poser but just not at this level. :D