Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are die-hard Poser users going to switch to Daz Studio for VIvky 5?

drifterlee opened this issue on Nov 02, 2011 · 273 posts

Penguinisto posted Wed, 02 November 2011 at 9:26 PM

Quote - V5 is a morph of Genesis but in reality, Genesis is really nothing new.  Apollo Max could go from child to adult many years before DAZ even thought of it.

Posette and Dork could do that. Question is, how well? ;)

Fact of the matter is, scaling down (or up) a given figure in Poser is a right PITA if you expect the joints to work worth a damn (disclaimer - very little experience with Apollo Max here).

Me, I've been using only Poser for the past few weeks. Got somewhat used to it (there's still a few things I miss, though). It has a few bennies that D|S does not. Conversely, D|S has a few things that Poser does not. It sort of evens out IMHO.

As for Victoria 5? Don't have it yet, and I have no need or desire to acquire it at this time. I probably will later on, but otherwise, I'm doing fine.

==

Quote - Smith Micro has FAILED to deliver what the majority of poser user really care about.

A premium FEMALE figure for poser users to rally around and support and the most advanced version of poser to Date has had its release completely over shadowed by this "genesis" thing.

A-yup. If the fine folks at Curious Labs (forget EGISys, eFrontier, and Smith Micro) had delivered a kick-ass female figure that was well-supported, DAZ would've been out of business ages ago.

Instead, they got female figures that can't be morphed too far out of the default, and most attempts have, by and large, turned out as ugly as a dysenteric cat's litterbox drippings (I know, I know, cue flood of renders, but seriously - decent attempts are few and far between. Just admit it and we can move on.) 

Now mind you, sometimes a figure that's almost set in concrete is an okay thing (Terai Yuki stands out, as does Kururu, and to some extent Aiko3). OTOH, in a general program, your flagship figure has to be a lot more, well, moldable, than what is currently there. 

Now if Smith Micro has any sense at all, they'll buy the rights to Antonia, modify it a bit to make the face and body more morphable, and go to town with it.