Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are die-hard Poser users going to switch to Daz Studio for VIvky 5?

drifterlee opened this issue on Nov 02, 2011 ยท 273 posts

Laylah posted Thu, 03 November 2011 at 4:35 AM

Eh I tried to keep an open mind about the whole thing even broke down and got DS to test Genesis, though when I tried installing it my issues started. I installed it about 3 times and deinstalled it because during the install one error message after the next cropped up, and that is after the UAC was disabled and me not even trying to put it on the C drive, some layered editor thing was missing and then in the end it refused to install the content that comes with it oh and never found the meta data either.

I put it down to user error and deinstalled it again and waited for my DS using friend to come over the next day to install it for me surely she knows what she is doing she has never used anything else... well she could not get it to install either, my pc is less then 2 months old and a real beast built for poser pro 2012 and high end gaming so I am going to not believe it is something with my system. Well I tried and was willing to go the whole CR2 exporter route but since it is just not at all working I am not losing any sleep and frankly just do not care enough to find out what could possibly be the issue.

I love the new poser and the idea of having a naked exported low poly figure is not really all that appealing. Though I was intrigued enough to try and test it at least once. Something I tell my daughter frequently, don't make a face before you have at least given it a try. Am I going to switch? No, absolutely not the cloth room is the best thing since sliced bread and I can not live without it.