Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are die-hard Poser users going to switch to Daz Studio for VIvky 5?

drifterlee opened this issue on Nov 02, 2011 · 273 posts

wolf359 posted Thu, 03 November 2011 at 1:46 PM

"I have seen loads of threads asking for better dynamic clothing and better control over shaders (documentation, tools, etc)."

Correct.
Just as I see threads asking for better Edge modeling tools in the Cinema4D  forum repeatedly at CG society etc..

But, like the Daz threads you mentioned, these are FEATURE requests to upgrade the existing program.
not a frantic effort to shoehorn,convert,transfer & hack
a non compatible program element (genesis) from its native program into yours.

Those users of DS or C4D are asking DAZ inc. and Maxon inc. respectively to add such & such feature to their applications.
IMHO *Manyposer users seem to have conceded that SM either wont bother or is not capable of creating a premium high quality Figure.
Thus this interest in a "converted" genesis" from DAZ.

Not to brag but I have quite a bit of experience with trying to move  figure rigs from one program to another( C4D, Lightwave3D)
and my experience has been that  no matter how good the plugin,converter etc you never truly get the Full functionality of the rig that you had back in the native program from which the rig originated
you always end having to "go Back "to the originating app to do something.
This is true even with the interposer plugin for C4D.

consequently you end up forcibly becoming well versed in BOTH applications.
So you poser users who "hate" DS but plan on opening it "just long enough to run the exporter" will find you will be "forced" to learn more about DS than you Currently think.

And of course DAZ will happily count you all as Daz studio usersin thier marketing campaigns

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel