Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are die-hard Poser users going to switch to Daz Studio for VIvky 5?

drifterlee opened this issue on Nov 02, 2011 · 273 posts

JenX posted Thu, 03 November 2011 at 4:46 PM

Quote - > Quote - I'm curious, as I no longer use the program (haven't had a license in years, and can't afford one now), but does Maxon create models for C4D?  

I ask because, I want to keep this in context...DAZ is a content company that also creates software.  The Poser team at Smith Micro, a much smaller entity, creates software and, IIRC, assigns and/or outsources the creation of the figures it includes with  Poser.

No they don't create them in-house, but a lot of sample stuff is included.  You're not expected to actually USE the sample stuff in production work, although I guess some people might sneak it in here and there.

Ok, pjz99 makes my point here, and it's really an important one.

Before I start, I'm not attacking any view points, because, frankly, I see where you ALL are coming from.  But, the simple fact is, you cannot count on your software company to make your content for you.  

Adobe Photoshop comes with brushes, actions, filters, and a lot of things.  I rarely, if ever, use them.  I either create my own or purchase what I need that gives me a better result for my work.  Now, are they to blame that their brushes (I believe they've been the same since at least version 7) aren't as good as the ones I've purchased?  You can say "yes", but, frankly, I'd rather they focus on the software.  I'm pretty sure the dev team at Adobe hire someone else to do the creatives so they can focus on the meat and bread of what they do.

The same for Poser. 

Also, for figures...sure, we can go on and on about what figure looks like crap, but, well...fine.  Do better.  Make better.  Pengy, it's obvious you are not a fan of Dina.  I loved her.  She was REALLY morphable.  

It's not about the base figure.  The base figure is what it is.  It looks like what it looks like.  We, the end users, are supposed to be the artists.  DO something with the model.  

There are more tools out there to work with than people think.  And these models are just that, tools.  

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.