Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Pose2Lux

LaurieA opened this issue on Feb 13, 2011 · 1102 posts

aRtBee posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 5:03 PM

@bantha

when transporting 3D scenes to other environments , things get lost in translation. Like working in 3DS MAX where you've got to pick your renderer first (Mental Ray, VRay, ...) in order to use the right material lib upfront. And don't dare to change afterwards.

Losing in translation happens to Poser too, when transporting into:

Since the only thing that counts is the final 2D result, and "getting a good , close to physical reality raytracing device" is a sensible way to go, a proper understanding of what gets lost and how to minimize damages can be of help.

As picking one route, building a new materials library and reassign all materials, helps too.

Both are good answers, but to quite different questions. The proper answer to one unfortunately does not answer the other, and vice versa.
My current question is the first: what gets lost in translation when deploying Pose2Lux and which material-types do I have to pick in there to minimize the damage. That's why I'm after the "translation dictionary". And preferrably, one for each serious route / translation destiny.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though