Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are die-hard Poser users going to switch to Daz Studio for VIvky 5?

drifterlee opened this issue on Nov 02, 2011 · 273 posts

randym77 posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 8:49 PM

Some really interesting stuff in this thread. 

I dunno if I would be considered a diehard Poser user.  I am willing to use other software if it offers something I want.  I've invested a lot of time and money in Vue, basically because of one thing: Ecosystems. 

So far, Genesis is not that compelling.  I haven't seen anything that makes me think, "OMG, I have to have that."  I'm a little sad that so much of the new stuff at DAZ is for Genesis or DS only, but I'm also a little relieved.  Much easier on my wallet.  ;-)

The bending just doesn't look all that good to me.  Better, but not so good I feel I have to have it.  And I'm starting to see what people mean about the "blowup doll" look.  I would guess it doesn't need to look that way.  Probably settings or something you can change.  But a lot of V5 renders look oversmoothed to me.  FWIW, I thought Apollo had a similar look.  Nice for some characters, but you wouldn't want every figure to look that way.

I'm not ruling out giving DS another try some day.  I've downloaded the free version they offered last month, though I haven't installed it.  For now, I'm content to see what becomes of Genesis (without investing any money in it myself).