Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are die-hard Poser users going to switch to Daz Studio for VIvky 5?

drifterlee opened this issue on Nov 02, 2011 · 273 posts

Netherworks posted Sun, 06 November 2011 at 1:05 AM

I cleared up the "maw-maw" comment earlier.. I hope :)

The difference, to me, is that Poser/DS is not a phone, kindle or other type of dedicated device that does require simplication in order to appeal to the masses.  From what I've read and seen, the iPad is more of an entertainment/multimedia device with social (mail) type functions.  Is that pretty accurate?  I don't have any kind of "pad" type device so I honestly have no idea.  I've never been interested because I'm not an "on the go"/coffee house type dweller.  Honestly, I'd prefer to go with a laptop and that way I can configure it the way I truly want to.

As I said earlier, which you guys missed (perhaps?), is that there is a line that needs (or should be walked) between making things too automated/user friendly where you loose choices or wind up babying the user, especially in an application that has a strong technical side.  There should be room to dabble and tinker.  Or expand on the Simple/Complex type of switch we see in the material room.

It's also why there are basic (and P9 is not basic, Debut is) and pro versions. Debut would probably be well suited to someone absolutely new to this whole experience and it's probably a good stepping stone for those folks.  I mean if someone is going to only pop in premade scenes (don't care about advanced materials or tweaking things) and render out greeting cards for Christmas, it's probably a good choice for that.

(BIG DISCLAIMER - No offense to people who use Poser or DS to make Greeting Cards.  I've done it too. :P  Oh and for god's sake, I make no offense to premade content either...)