Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are die-hard Poser users going to switch to Daz Studio for VIvky 5?

drifterlee opened this issue on Nov 02, 2011 ยท 273 posts

randym77 posted Sun, 06 November 2011 at 12:01 PM

Quote - Kobaltkween, Interesting & thoughtful post. You said, "so i don't think it's so simple to say that Poser's creators should push our kind of content with their software." I presume that by content you mean the clothing? The figures themselves have no socio-political context that I can see.

I really liked Kobaltkween's post as well. My take on it is that she thinks Poser has a much broader base than us pinup-obsessed hobbyists. We are welcome, but we aren't the main demographic. People complain that Judy, Alyson, etc., are ugly...but maybe that's what other users want. An ordinary-looking person, not a supermodel or amazon babe. If you look back on some of the older posts here, there were people complaining that Posette's boobs were too big. If you're making an industrial safety video, you don't want everyone's attention on the worker's big bazongas. The answer, of course, was magnets. As you say, you can blow up breasts, add genitals - and turn the face from frumpy to Cosmo girl. But a lot of people aren't able or willing to do that. What should the default be? Obviously, DAZ has found pinup to be profitable. They used to not even allow lingerie in their store. Vicky 1 and Mike 1 had wardrobes of contemporary business and casual wear. Now each new figure gets a bunch of sexy underwear, brass bikinis, etc. But perhaps this wouldn't work for SM. Maybe the figures and clothing they are distributing with Poser are the ones most of their customers want. Having the pinup stuff be an add-on you have to go look for on your own may be what works for them.