Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are die-hard Poser users going to switch to Daz Studio for VIvky 5?

drifterlee opened this issue on Nov 02, 2011 · 273 posts

LaurieA posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 9:16 PM

Quote - > Quote - While I feel for the vendors, it is not Daz's responsiblity that they keep the vendors employed. The vendors are not part of their company - a company that deserves to do what they see fit.

To an extent that's true, but a vast portion of DAZ's income is from brokered content, built by freelancers.  IMO it makes a lot more sense to make content creation as cheap and painless as possible (free tools would be ideal) but I guess they're looking at their spreadsheets and deciding it's time to be more of an application/tools vendor than a brokerage.  They had to have thought about the consequences pretty thoroughly, but I guess we'll see how it all pans out in the long run.

Oh, I agree ;). I was just responding to the accusation that "boo, bad Daz, how dare they not take care of everyone by staying in a direction they clearly don't wanna go?" type of mindset ;). It's like saying Apple should have continued to allow 3rd party manufacturers to make Mac clones just because those companies need the money, all the while getting stagnant themselves. The first rule of business is a type of ruthlessness, one that is unfortunately needed for a company to succeed and which sometimes makes them fail.

All that being said, I am still on the side of the vendors. I used to be one myself and may be again. It really stinks, especially for ppl that live on that income (although I can't see how they can...lol). It's a rotten situation all around.

Laurie