Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are die-hard Poser users going to switch to Daz Studio for VIvky 5?

drifterlee opened this issue on Nov 02, 2011 · 273 posts

wolf359 posted Tue, 08 November 2011 at 10:35 AM

"No the really Big time pros with Big budgets won't be using Poser and DAZ (yet) and would go with models for their programs, but until Eva came along, there weren't really any models for sale better than Vicky. I know 'cuz I looked. Most were butt ugly."

Hi you seem to be confusing your personal opinion of a female 3D model's attractiveness with an assets usefulness in a project. Using MAX .Maya,Softimage
Yes there are Small time shops and one man operations (like mine) that can get by with poser/Daz models  on limited animation productions.

But to think DAZ vicky is some how "better" than
those rigs on turbosquid
rigs based on her looks in STILL renders/poses indicates a complete lack of understanding about how 3D rigs are used/ needed in animation Games,movie VFX, television.
first and foremost is the ability to be assigned as an "Xref"object
(Google it) but in short none of the hosting plugin allow this with those hosted figures and Collada& FBX export only gives you a weighted rig in the target application without any of the character animation Controls or a proper IK/FK set up with pinned feet etc.

"Since they keep beating the drum, I would think they both know more about where their business is coming from than we do."

Hmm perhaps but I have wondered why they seem to be "Crowd sourcing" their Advertising onto the shoulders of their loyal users
in recent sticky threads posted by the management
they seem very eager to prove to "someone" that their tools are being used by artists outside the usual poser Daz universe some recent example of such forum stickies:

DAZ 3D has been putting together short articles on how people are using DAZ Products in their process.We need several more articles in some specific areas. If you are using DAZ 3D's products (software or models) in one of these areas, please post examples of your work, and a brief overview of how you are using the tools. We may contact you to help us write a full article that could be published on our site or even in a magazine.
Areas of Interest:
**    1.    **
**    2.    Illustration creating Cartoons**
**    3.    Digital Art**
**    4.    Haunt or Halloween**
**    5.    Animation**
**    6.    Photography (augmentation / manipulation / post production)**
**    7.    Hobby Art**
**    8.    Figure Drawing Reference**
**    9.    Forensics**
**    10.    Anime / Manga**
**    11.    Fan Art (LOTR, WoW, Star Wars,etc)**
**    12.    Landscapes**
**    13.    Portraits**
**    14.    Architecture**
**    15.    Wildlife**
**    16.    AfterEffects**
**    17.    Photoshop**
**    18.    Web Graphics**
Simply show us a couple of examples of your work posted in this thread, and we will contact you if your work suits what we are looking for.
Let's see what you've got!"

And more recently:

"
We would be interested to know IF YOU share your work, and if so, HOW or WHERE you do that.
For example, are there other sites where you post your images and share your knowledge of all things DAZ?
Do you share your work with your family and friends?
If so how?
Do you do anything to promote DAZ in your own way?
Who introduced YOU to DAZ 3D?
How did YOU find out about DAZ?"

Clearly they are seeking new markets in which to expand  and the existing poser  userbase is Not one of them IMHO
but I am not convinced that user of pro apps like MAX ,Softiamge etc will have much interest in genesis or V5 either

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel