Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are die-hard Poser users going to switch to Daz Studio for VIvky 5?

drifterlee opened this issue on Nov 02, 2011 · 273 posts

pjz99 posted Wed, 09 November 2011 at 9:26 PM

Quote - it seems, to me at least, in this tiny figure market you can only beat something with something else that is substantially BETTER
not merely substantially Different or "not from Daz"

"Better" also means better packaged, better presented, better marketed, just keep that in mind.  I totally agree that topology is important, but imo it's only really appreciated by maybe 1% of content consumers.  There's all kinds of highly successful content (figures, clothes, pretty much everything) that has really terrible topology.

Also I wouldn't really say Apollo "failed", he's pretty commonly used and supported even if not quite as much as M3/D3 et al.

e:

Quote - Now if DAZ just happens to tweak their CR2 Export enough to get a Hi-Res version of genesis/V5 into poser with   IMHO Antonia et al will likely take their place along side Apollo Max and forgotten others as asterisks in the historical Almanac of poser history as DAZ'sV5 Continues her reign unabated.

Aside from the subdivision problem, there's also the issues of the very high price of new tools required if you didn't happen to be in DAZ's beta for them, and of fitting conformers.  Both of those will keep many vendors away, certainly myself.

My Freebies