Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: WIP PR4 Skin Shader and BB Eyes

bagginsbill opened this issue on Feb 27, 2011 ยท 94 posts

bagginsbill posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 9:16 PM

That looks great. I saw in your previous post something about adding displacement after synchronizing.

If you want a skin shader to have a feature that gets used on your figure, then put it in the skin shader Template Skin. So - you want displacement, add an Image_Map node connected to displacement in Template Skin. Set it how you want it. But do not put an image in. Use Auto Rename Images to get it to be named Displacement Map. Then when you synchronize, whatever displacement map is on the figure will be used.

In case there is no displacement map, you want the displacement to be shut off. VSS will use the Image_Map Background value (or nodes plugged in there) to define what to use for that image when it is not populated in the target.

And I did not completely scrap the idea of a UI for VSS - just have no time to do it.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)