Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V4 Theoretical Physicist/Cardiac Surgeon/Astronaut

MacMyers opened this issue on Nov 07, 2011 · 79 posts

Blackhearted posted Sat, 12 November 2011 at 4:56 PM

incidentally we share the same interests. i love antique/milsurp firearms, classic cars, etc. thing is, if i spent a couple weeks modeling a down-to-the-last-bolt accurate, articulated Mosin Nagant 1891/30 sniper rifle complete with cartridges/stripper clips, ERC sling, high-res textures and advanced shaders, 5 people would buy it.  for $5.  if im lucky.  in half that time i could model a corset for vicky and it would be a top seller.

90% of people just dont care because its a niche interest. of the remaining 10%, many either cant tell the difference between that and the 400 poly one in freestuff, or just dont care, or think that everything should be in freestuff. 'why would i spend $5 on that when theres one in freestuff already?'.
and if they dont care, can i blame them? no. you could spend months making the world's greatest 3D fire truck for poser and it would be of absolutely no interest to me.

i do, actually, model niche stuff in my free time. as a hobby, because i know ill never make any money from it.  im currently modeling an accurate articulated 1875 Schofield Cavalry model revolver that noone but me and perhaps 5 other people are going to give a flying f*ck about.

but for my store, since im not independantly wealthy, i make what people want to buy.
as for what i render in my personal time, why do you even care? if you want to render practical things, great - ive always fully supported your right to do so.  ive never started a 'whats with all these damned practical renders' thread, and i dont think anyone else has either.

ive actually given you honest advice from a vendor perspective as to what to do to encourage vendors to make niche products but youre more concerned about just standing on a soap box insulting 90% of this site's userbase to even consider it.