Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V4 Theoretical Physicist/Cardiac Surgeon/Astronaut

MacMyers opened this issue on Nov 07, 2011 · 79 posts

Letterworks posted Sat, 12 November 2011 at 5:28 PM

Sadly I have to agree with Blackhearted on this. I've made several sets of ordinary styled clothing, jeans and a shirt, shoes etc. for various figures. The first set I madewere Jans and a shirt for his GND2 character, and the first comment I got on it was "Nice set but would have been better if the pants zipper worked".

I sold these sets at or below the average.

I made one short mini-dress outfit, and on advice, made the textures some what racey, latex and vaguely see thru and raised the pricing slightly. Guess which one sold better?

Honestly, I feel better making more ordinary clothing (or less slutwear, if you will) but it just doesn;t sell as well. If you are making this stuff for sale to a mass market you have to offer what the masses are willing to pay for.

One andwer might be to be specific in your needs and contact merchants whose work you like and offer to PAY for them to create a specific clothing.

Put an ad up in the Jobs/Resume forum for contact with someone willing to take on the commision, and be specific in what you are looking to buy. It probably won;t be cheap but if they also think it might sell a few copies in their stores, they might cut you a break on the costs.

You can also post requests in the market place wishing well forum and see if others chime in, it might make a merchant try the clothing

You are a member at PoserWorld, they have a request forum over there, have you tried that?

I'm also sure there are other avenues you can explore to find what you want. In my experience posting a thread just to complain about the type of clothing seen in the market place is only going to lead to an arguement with vendors that are tired of being the target of rants like these. 

A person doing this for money is going to make what sells, doesn;t necesarrily mean they like it, just means that this is what puts money in their pockets and food on the table. If the market shifts and understated street clothing becomes the best sellers I'm sure most, if not all, of the vendors would shift to making that. Merchants don;t create that direction the morket goes in, they follow it.