Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V4 Theoretical Physicist/Cardiac Surgeon/Astronaut

MacMyers opened this issue on Nov 07, 2011 · 79 posts

Blackhearted posted Sun, 13 November 2011 at 12:54 PM

"Last but not least, one VERY kind lady here in this thread was willing to make a tee shirt that I needed for free. There really are nice people left in the world. You can find a number of them mentioned in the above list of vendors and modellers."

i'll gladly help make basic items/objects for people for free.

the problem is that most of the time ive done it, the person wants everything spoon-fed to them and is usually unwilling to take any time/initiative to learn any of the aspects of content creation themselves.

this is how it usually goes, at least in my experience:

'i need a model of an M1 Abrams tank'

me: 'i happen to have one i made in my spare time (weeks of time invested), you can have it if you like'

'oh, thanks'

me: 'ill need your email'

'blahblah@ispprovidermail.com'

me: i go through my backup folders, dig up the tank, UV map it, .zip it.  after trying 3 times to send the 12 meg file, first in one part, then in two 6 meg parts, then in three 4 meg parts because the guys email only takes <4 meg attachments, i finally send it.

'hi i got it. but what is this .rar file? i dont know what to do with it?'

me: 'www.rarlab.com'

'hi. all i see is a huge list of links. what do i do?'

me: i send a direct link to the winrar file and type out an explanation of how to download/install/use it.

'hi. i got it extracted but all i see is an .obj file. what now?'

me: you import it into poser using import: wavefront .obj and then go to the material room, youll see a list of materials like Turret, Metal, Tracks, Lights, etc and you need to set up materials for them. you can use just basic material colors or you can get fancy with procedural shaders.

'oh. i dont know how to do that'

me: googles 'heres a link to some material room tutorials'

'this is all very confusing, can you just set up materials like this for me?'

me: i spend a couple hours setting up shaders for the tank. i send the mt5 file.

'i got the file, thanks. what do i do with it?'

me: explains

'i got it loaded, thanks. but the turret doesnt rotate. i need it to rotate all the way around for the render im making'

me: googles here is a link that explains how to rig simple objects in poser.

'that is so confusing. could you give me a step by step?'

me: does the rigging for him, sends him the new file

'hi i got the file. what do i do with it?'

me: explains

'i got it working, thanks. this is good, but the treads dont move. and id really like it to have the 11th armored cav markings, and some battle damage on the left front? i need that for my render'

i sh*t you not this is how nearly every free item ive given away has went.  people want everything spoonfed to them. if you want something for free, please be prepared to use google and the site search function to find the answers to simple questions such as how to import an .obj, how to use the material room, how to make simple decals in photoshop, etc.