Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Pose2Lux

LaurieA opened this issue on Feb 13, 2011 · 1102 posts

aRtBee posted Tue, 15 November 2011 at 10:51 AM

in my opinion

1. it's a good idea that a LuxRender materials library gets developed, supported by a viewer / material builder / lib manager tool (preferrable with LuxRendering / GPU support), to be used by P2L and all other converters, etc.

2. it's not a good idea to have this lib developed for P2L only, and/or in a P2L specific format

3. it's a good idea to have a P2L converter which deploys Poser as a LuxRender front end, as in: what can we do to have Firefly as a reasonable previewer and to use Poser material channels to drive some basic characteristics of the LuxRender materials. And we might like a Poser materials lib which translates fine into LuxRender.

4. it's not a good idea to have a P2L converter which deploys LuxRender as a Poser backend, since a lot of Poser material features are in to compensate for the Firefly characteristics and the biased non-physical behaviour of it and cannot be translated into LuxRender anyway

5. it's a good idea to get into muddy waters, troubles glasses, dirty clothes, worn walls, corroded metals and scratched bodies next to materials which reflect a perfect world only. From Poser into LuxRender.

and yes, I do appreciate Antonia very much, thanks for all the effort.

and yes, the current P2L is already a great step in the right direction. Well done, so far.

All the best.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though